1. You Only Have One Life To Live -Even if you believe in reincarnation, you might come back as a bug or a house cat. You will never come back as the person that you are now. This is it. You don't want to be on your death bed full of regrets.
2. You Never Know When You Will Bite the Dust-You could die today or 50 years from today. You don't have time to waste!
3. Those Who Matter Don't Mind and Those Who Do Don't Matter-Dr. Seuss was right. People who really love you and support you want to hear what you have to say. They may not agree or like it, but they want to hear it. Anyone who chooses to not associate with you afterwards, was not meant to be in your life anyway. We are all in different places. In order to grow and prosper, you need to be surrounded by people who want to lift you up. If someone is not "smelling what you are cooking" it is okay to let them go. That doesn't mean they have to agree with you 100%. It means they need to respect you & give you space to have that experience.
4.“No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow. Alice Walker-This goes right along with number 3. A friend would want you to express yourself and blossom. People who aren't your friends want you to conform and be quiet. You deserve better friends.
5. You Create Your Own Life- If you are not speaking truth, your life is built on lies. One day you will wake up and your life will be one big unrecognizable mess. Your energy of confusion will manifest confusion. A few years back, I was looking for a job because I needed money but deep down I didn't want one. I went into every interview with this confusing energy and I kept getting passed over for positions. When I finally landed a job, management was confused. Everyday there was a new policy. Everyone was two faced and the business closed down before I was even there a year. I really didn't want to work, so everything in the universe conspired to make that happen. If I would have lived my truth and found an alternative way to get the cash, I would have saved myself some stress.
6. No One Reads Minds-I was watching an old episode of Desperate Housewives and Lynnette's husband was passed over for a position. She asked him, "did you ask for it?" He explained that he assumed that because of his tenure and hard work, he didn't have to it. Many of us live by this erroneous assumption. In fact, we were raised to believe it. Many well meaning authority figures told me, "if you work hard and are a nice person, people will notice and you will be rewarded." Not true. People see you through their own mental filters. You may leave an apple on someones desk to be nice and they assume you are trying to say they are getting fat. You can never assume that people understand you. Not even your closest dearest friends and family members. Marriages break up every day over this. Christmas Dinners are missing an uncle because of this. You have to open your mouth and let people know how you feel and what you want.
Video of the Day