How To Get The Whole Set:
1. Must Be a Subscriber
2. Answer one or all of the following questions:
Last Day of Contest- Monday: April 25
Today is World Water Day! Water is something we take for granted in America because we have a continuous stream of it coming out of our faucets. I recently watched an eye opening documentary, Blue Gold, that made me think differently about my relationship with water. Could something that seems so infinite actually be a finite resource?
In every corner of the globe, we are polluting, diverting, pumping, and wasting our limited supply of fresh water at an expediential level as population and technology grows. The rampant overdevelopment of agriculture, housing and industry increase the demands for fresh water well beyond the finite supply, resulting in the desertification of the earth.
Corporate giants force developing countries to privatize their water supply for profit. Wall Street investors target desalination and mass bulk water export schemes. Corrupt governments use water for economic and political gain. Military control of water emerges and a new geo-political map and power structure forms, setting the stage for world water wars.
We follow numerous worldwide examples of people fighting for their basic right to water, from court cases to violent revolutions to U.N. conventions to revised constitutions to local protests at grade schools. As Maude Barlow proclaims, “This is our revolution, this is our war”. A line is crossed as water becomes a commodity. Will we survive?
You can watch this eye opening documentary on Netflix, You Tube or below.
Winner of $35 Gift Certificate to CSN stores is NYRA 17. Please Check your E-mail.
Videos of the Day: World Water Wars
Article I liked from The Inspiration Tree.
1. The only person that can ever truly make you happy is yourself. Stop depending on everyone else.
2. People lie, stuff happens. Don’t take it too personally.
3. Want people to think you’re amazing? Start believing you are, and then they will too.
4. Smiling is the ultimate anti-depressant. Smile and laugh out loud, it doesn’t look stupid, I promise.
5. The world is never just black and white, right or wrong, one way or another. Try and see things from as many points of view as possible.
6. "Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final"
— Rainer Maria Rilke
7. Have empathy.
8. Gossip, problems of the past, events you cannot control, negative thoughts and negative people; time spent on these is time poorly wasted.
10. Although the newest, most expensive material things may make you feel as if you’re a better person, they won’t hold you at night or listen to you when you need it. Make sure your priorities make sense.
11. Step outside your comfort zone- it’s when you’ll really feel alive.
12. Don’t be afraid to be yourself, the people who really matter, don’t mind
13. Let your emotions out sometimes, humans have them for a reason.
14. Celebrate the things you have. Think only positively of the things you don’t (but would like to have) and they too will come.
15. Love unconditionally ♥.
$35 Gift Certificate to be spent on anything you want from office desks to yoga mats.
To enter: You must be a subscriber. Go to CSN's website and leave a comment regarding what you would buy. Giveaway ends March 21
Video of The Day: Life Coaching Tips From Cats
I know how you love the CSN giveaways so it is back. CSN Stores has over 200 online stores where you can find anything you need whether it be wall art and decor, fitness equipment, or even cookware. My pals at CSN are giving away a #35 gift certificate to one lucky Wellness From Inside reader.
As usual, contest will go for two weeks. January 10-January 24.
Found a great website where you can stream free esoteric documentaries. At Esoteric Tube, you can find movies on:
Lindsay Fields just won 3 months of NetFlix Whoop Whoop!!!!!
Happy New Year!!
Netflix is a subscription service that allows you to stream movies and videos directly to your TV or Computer as well as have them delivered to your home. It has an amazing selection of videos on yoga and spirituality.
As well as new releases,TV shows and old favorites
One Subscriber will get this for 3 months courtesy of Wellness From Inside!
How To Enter:
1. Most be a subscriber. Just hit the subscribe button at the top of the blog and it will give you 10 ways to do this. RSS, Facebook, E-mail, etc
2. Comment below on how you plan on keeping yoga in your life during the holidays
Can enter all the way through Christmas Day. Winner announced after Christmas. I am shooting for December 27 . The craziness should be over by then!
Description From Book:
The definitive book of yoga therapy, this groundbreaking work comes to you from the medical editor of the country's premier yoga magazine(Yoga Journal), who is both a practicing yogi and a Western-trained physician. Dr. McCall describes the many techniques in the yoga took kit. Yoga as Medicine offers a wealth of practical information including how to:
With twenty chapters devoted to the work of individual master teachers, including such well-known figures as Patricia Walden, John Friend and Rodney Yee, Yoga as Medicine shows how these experts have applied the wisdom of this ancient holistic practice to twenty different conditions ranging from arthritis to chronic fatigue, depression, heart disease, HIV/AIDs, infertility, insomnia, multiple sclerosis, and obesity.
You Must be a Subscriber(Use links at the top and left of the page).
Leave a Comment on how yoga has positively impacted your life OR leave a comment on what you hope to gain from practicing yoga. End Date December 7
The winner of the $35 CSN Gift Certificate is Lovely Domestic Diva.
As promised, you did not have to be a subscriber to get the CSN Gift Certificate but I still want to give away the I-Tunes Gift Card to a new subscriber.
The winner for the $15 I-Tunes Gift Card is T Cog Bill.
More Giveaways Coming up soon so keep your eye open!!!